In spite of all scientific advancement, even today man continues to suffer as before. This is due to the disharmony with the world outside and within himself. This disharmony within himself among the body, prana and mind is the cause of all suffering.
A state of harmony frees us from these sufferings. Yoga brings about this harmonyin the physical, vital, mental, psychological and spiritual aspects of the human personality. Yoga is a system, a philosophy, a way of life that deals with the evolution and development of an individual.
Yoga is a primarily a process of self culture and personal transformation which leads to the improvement of the family and social environment. The spiritual component of yoga is your understanding and realisation of the creative energy within you.
Though yoga is a common word, it is a misunderstood subject. Many people around the world equate yoga with some form of physical exercise or physical culture. Merely bending the body cannot constitute Yoga.
Yoga is a set of practices we can do to integrate the qualities of the body, mind and emotions and realise the qualities of the spirit. It p
In this 10 day retreat much valuable information and instructions are shared regarding all the aspects of the philosophy, psychology and practice of Yoga.
The aim of this retreat is to make one understand the principles of yoga and apply them in one’s day-to-day activities so that life itself becomes a process of Yoga.
This 10 day retreat begin at 8 pm on the day 1 and end at 2 pm on day 5. The days in between begin with a wakeup bell at 6 am and the last session of the day ends around 9 pm. With theory and practice sessions throughout the day, there are breaks for 3 meals and one hour discussion.
Click here for a sample daily Schedule
Preparing for the Retreat
In order to keep the atmosphere conducive to inner reflection and spiritual pursuit and to minimise distractions during the retreat, students on our residential retreats are asked to abide by our basic code of discipline listed below.
- Silence is kept throughout the retreat, however during teaching sessions questions are welcomed and there will be a one hour discussion group on most days.
- We may experience a lot of ups and downs during the retreat. Therefore, please be gentle in your behaviour and sensitive to fellow retreat participants and staff.
- We have to keep an open mind. Many of the ideas presented may be new and different from one’s own beliefs, and we should be prepared to analyse and contemplate not only the teachings, but also our own beliefs.
- We have to adjust to the schedule: all participants must attend all sessions of the retreat, come to sessions on time and not leave during the retreat.
Guidelines for Behaviour
- Do not point your feet towards the teachers, the altar or any holy object.
- Do not put prayer books, texts, or notebooks with on the floor, or sit or step over them.
- No idle chit-chat in the lecture hall.
- Respect all life: do not intentionally kill any living being, even small insects.
- Respect others’ property: do not steal or take anything not freely given.
- Be honest and straightforward: do not lie or intentionally deceive others. This is easy when observing silence!
- Be celibate: no sexual activity. This also includes no holding hands, hugging, massages and other physical displays of affection.
- Be alert and mindful: avoid intoxicants such as alcohol, drugs and cigarettes (we encourage you to stop smoking while here).
- Be considerate of others’ silence: keep silence in the appropriate areas and at all times during residential retreats, especially in the lecture hall and the residential complex. No singing or playing music and in general, maintain a quiet demeanor while on the property.
- Dress respectfully (please no shorts above the knee, tank-top shirts or tight and revealing clothing)
What to Bring:
- A photocopy of your passport and current Indian visa for check-in (non-Indian citizens only).
- Personal toiletries, towel, torch/flashlight, watch/clock (you cannot use your mobile phone for this, or as an alarm), refillable water bottle.
You can register by filling out our online form REGISTER ONLINE
Certificate of participation will be given to each participant.